During the summer, you (and your group) should wear a swim suit, shorts, a t-shirt and old tennis shoes, river sandals, or water shoes (no flip-flops). Please feel free to bring a towel and a change of dry clothes and dry shoes for after the trip – we have hot showers.
What clothes to wear for rafting?
Sport sandals that strap on, tennis shoes, and water shoes all work very well. Flip flops are NOT recommended. SWIMSUIT to wear under wetsuit -or- to wear with personal nylon SHORTS OR PANTS. Quick-dry fabrics work best; avoid cotton, as it retains water and will make you cold on the river.
Can I wear leggings white water rafting?
Over the base layer wear your river clothes for cool days, for colder weather add a Mid-layer of thicker or additional lenes listed above or use a wetsuit made of neoprene or terraprene, also fleece or micro-fleece in the form of leggings and torso upper is a great way to go as well.
Do you wear shoes while white water rafting?
A: Closed-toe athletic training shoes, running shoes, or water shoes are the best choice for most river rafting trips. Whitewater-specific shoes are nice—but not necessary for Timberline trips. … If your trip requires booties, Timberline Tours will provide them, along with other essential whitewater rafting gear.
How do you stay warm in white water rafting?
For rafting in colder weather, we strongly recommend:
- Wetsuits, splash jackets, and river shoes (available complimentary at our office); a swimsuit and synthetic layers to wear underneath your wetsuit.
- Synthetic layers to wear under your splash jacket, such as fleece that will continue to keep you warm while wet…
Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
If you pick the right shoes, they’ll stay on your feet. If you don’t pick the right shoes, they’ll fly off during your trip! Inappropriate shoes to wear when white water rafting include flip flops, crocs, high heels, and cowboy boots.
What do you need for water rafting?
What to Bring
- Quick dry shorts/bathing suit.
- Synthetic shirt for warmth and sun protection.
- Sturdy footwear – sandals with straps (no flip-flops), sneakers, wetsuit boots.
- Hat with brim to protect face from sun.
- Sunglasses with retainer strap.
- Avoid all cotton clothing, as cotton gets cold when wet…
What are the best shoes for white water rafting?
Best Shoes and Sandals for River Rafting Trips
- Astral Rassler Shoes.
- Chaco Sandals.
- KEEN Sandals.
- Bedrock Sandals.
- Blundstone Boots.
- Croc Sandals.
12 июн. 2019 г.
What do you wear to float a river?
You’re going in a river so a bathing suit is appropriate. But you’ll want to pack towels and a change of dry clothes for when you finish the trip — especially if you plan on popping into town for a bite afterwards. If your skin burns easily, you may also want to consider wearing a sun-protective shirt on the river.
What do you wear to the river?
How to Dress for a River Trip + River Fashion
- Dresses, Tank tops, Shorts & Skirts are Great Warm-Weather Options for Camp.
- Swimsuits for Men & Women with Quick-Drying Shorts & Shirts for Hot Days.
- Lightweight, Long-sleeves Paired with Shorts for Sunny Days.
- Wearing Neoprene Wetsuits & Splash Jackets are a Great Way to Stay Warm in the Spring & Fall.
28 окт. 2015 г.
How do you pack for a multi day rafting trip?
Packing List for Overnight Rafting Trip
- Clothes to paddle in.
- Long pants.
- Long-sleeved shirt.
- Light or fleece jacket.
- Swimming suit.
12 сент. 2014 г.
What should I bring to the river?
- Your vessel of choice.
- Air pump (if necessary)
- River sandals or neoprene booties.
What do you wear white water rafting in Costa Rica?
What do I wear for my Costa Rica rafting tour? In short, wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind being wet in. Most men wear bathing suit shorts with a t-shirt, and most women wear shorts and a t-shirt or tank top with a bathing suit underneath.
Is white water rafting dangerous?
While death is the main danger feared in whitewater rafting, far more likely are injuries sustained from smashing, banging, brushing, and smacking up against rocks.
Can you go whitewater rafting in winter?
California. When it comes to California, there are no shortage of rivers that flow throughout the entire winter. The Russian River is a great option for beginners looking to challenge themselves with something a little more intense. This river is fed by the Van Arsdale Reservoir and is typically a class II-III.