Galway’s only surfing beach is at Dunlaughin in Ballyconneely. The closest surf spots north of Galway can be found at Cross Beach near Delphi and Carrownisky Strand near Louisburgh in County Mayo.
Where can I surf in Ireland?
To help you on your way, we have compiled a list of our favourite beginner-friendly surf spots in Ireland.
- Tullan Strand, Bundoran, Co Donegal.
- Strandhill, Co Sligo.
- Enniscrone, Co Sligo.
- Fanore, Co Clare.
- Inch Strand, Co Kerry.
- Inchydoney, West Cork.
- Tramore, Co Waterford.
- Whiterocks, Co Antrim.
5 авг. 2019 г.
When can you surf in Ireland?
The best time to surf Ireland is during the period from September to May each year when the Atlantic Ocean provides plenty of powerful cold water swells. The only real drawback to the Ireland surfing experience is the cold water, but if you are prepared to overlook this little problem you are in for a treat.
Can u surf in Ireland?
Ireland is one of the most underrated surfing nations on the planet. Despite the cold air and water temperatures, the Irish coastline is full of idyllic waves and perfect surf spots. Do a quick internet search of “surfing,” and you’ll be met with hundreds of pictures of bright blue waters and skies to match.
Where can I surf in Ireland map?
Surfing Locations Map of Ireland
- A Magheroarty, Co. Donegal.
- B Falcarragh, Co. Donegal.
- C Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal.
- D Bundoran, Co. Donegal.
- E Easky, Co. Sligo.
- F Inishcrone, Co. Sligo.
- G Keel, Achill Island.
- H Dun Loughan, Co. Galway.
Where is the best surf in Ireland?
Top 5 Irish Surfing Destinations
- Inch Beach.
- The southwest coast is ideal Ireland’s greatest surfing secret. …
- Tramore Beach.
- Tramore is the main surfing location not just in Waterford, but in the east coast of Ireland. …
- Here are a few more spots from our bros at The Ocean Sands Hotel.
Are there sharks in Ireland?
Thirty-five species of sharks have been recorded in Irish waters, including the blue shark, porbeagle shark, lesser spotted dogfish and the second-largest shark in the world, the basking shark.
Where are the biggest waves in Ireland?
Easkey, County Sligo, NW
Located in the mid-northwest of the country on the bottom dip of the Donegal Bay is Ireland’s most raved-about surf spot.
What is the best surfing beach in the world?
World’s 50 best surf spots
- Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii.
- Supertubes, Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa. …
- Teahupo’o, Tahiti, French Polynesia. …
- Uluwatu and Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. …
- P-Pass, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia. …
- Maverick’s, California. …
- Hossegor, France. …
- Puerto Escondido, Southern Oaxaca, Mexico. …
1 июл. 2013 г.
Is it OK to surf alone?
First and foremost, surfing can be dangerous, especially for new surfers. Rip currents, rising swells, sharks, hold downs, jellyfish reactions are just some of the possible dangers you might run into. Having someone there to help or AT LEAST report you missing is pretty important.
Can you surf in Dublin?
“Surfing in Dublin, on Ireland’s East Coast, is all about fun and making the most of what we have on our doorstep. Pure and simple, just getting in the water with friends and having a blast when it matters most — without a three hour drive to the fabled West Coast.
Can you surf in Northern Ireland?
There are many epic surfing beaches in Northern Ireland, and some of the best are along the north coast. This part of the Irish Coastline is said to be the most surfed! There are 9 well surfed beaches around the Causeway Coast, Portrush is the hub of Surfing for the area.
What are the best waves for surfing?
10 of the World’s Best Waves
- Pipeline, Oahu. Hawaii Pipeline is a fixture on the surf tour circuit for a reason. …
- Supertubes, Jeffreys Bay. South Africa In short: Supertubes lives up to its name. …
- Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. …
- Lima, Peru. …
- Gold Coast. …
- Zuma Beach, Malibu. …
- Manu Bay, Raglan. …
What is Rileys wave?
One such wave is Rileys, a mean heavy slab in Co Clare Ireland, which was all time over the weekend with pumping surf being attacked by the local lads and some overseas boys alike with Shane Dorian from Hawaii making an appearance.